When both of them sat down with me, we talked about each other differences and what they wanted to accomplish out of their marriage. The goal was simple for Petruchio: let him do his thing, while Kate sits and home and serves him. It was something that Kate spoke at against in her one on one, so I tried to give him advice on how to incorporate and bond with his family better. Therefore, I gave the couple a long term goal to go on dates occasionally and makes unanimous decisions throughout their life. Kate definitely love the sound of this and couldn't wait to get started. I feel that this couple has a lot of work to do in the future to be a truly happy couple because the wife is not happy right now with her lifestyle. If this continues, problems will grow and it will be harder and harder to overcome.
Friday, January 29, 2016
Marriage Therapy
My therapy session with Kate and Petruchio was extremely interesting. It was the oddest couple ever with many instances of Petruchio wanting dominance over went. When I was talking alone to Kate, she told me how difficult it was complying to all of his requests and the lack of freedom she faces. I felt bad for her because the one, strong-willed and minded character totally changed personalities due to Petruchio. When talking to Petruchio one on one, I noticed his condescending behavior and his need to be in control. It was definitely difficult and tough for me to try to give him advice he would want to learn and take from it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Matt,
ReplyDeleteThis blog post was awesome! Very creative and insightful. Not only did this express Petruchio and Kate's relationship perfectly, but also was quite interesting and comedic! I love your advice to the two of them! Going on dates occasionally will give them a strong bond and mutual respect for the two. I loved your post. Keep up with the good work! Lez get it, the fellas <3 !
-Justin Lam
Nice blog Matt! You have some very creative criticism and feedback to give to Kate and Petruchio. I agree with the fact that you did one on ones and allowed for a solution on both sides of the marriage. While it was more pleasing to Kate your feedback will create a healthier and more beneficial marriage.
ReplyDelete