Thursday, March 24, 2016
Dinner Experience
In my every day life, dinner for me involves a healthy Korean style meal. These types of food are very different than American foods and is therefore eaten in different ways. Styles of culture between eating and conversations greatly differ between Koreans and Americans. I have the great pleasure of being able to experience both quite often and I am able to immerse myself in two different cultures. However, with this information, I act differently depending on who I am with and the style of the meal. For example, in Korean culture it is considered polite and is suggested to slurp your foods because it suggests it is extremely tasty. However, in American culture, that is considered rude and you will be frowned down upon because of your lack of manners. I am proud to be able to experience multiple types of lifestyles and cultures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is really cool Matt! I didn't know slurping was apart of Korean culture. When I eat with you, I never noticed that you slurped! You are quite good at retaining you're Korean culture at home and not forgetting that it is rude in American culture. Although my dinner experience is different from yours, it is also quite similar. I have to keep my Vietnamese eating culture away while eating out with friends. Loved your post Matt! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete-Justin Lam