Thursday, March 10, 2016
Family History
My grandparents are all Korean; therefore, my parents and I are full Korean. My mom is familiar with America but is not fluent in speech. She has lived in Korea most her life but went to America for college where she began her skills in English. On the other hand, my dad is fully americanized. He went to grade school in Virginia, because my grandparents moved from Korea in search of a better life and more opportunities. With hard work and dedication my dad went to MIT, then went back to work in Korea where he met my mother, and then moved to California which is where I am now. I have learned Korean values throughout my life even though my first language is English. Because of this, my dad and I share more similar interests because of our cultural background. My mother's way of life is very different from ours because of how she was raised. However, everyone in my household share the same values because of the fantastic job my parents have done with raising their kids. I am proud of my Korean values and background but am also happy my my dad was americanized because I enjoy this culture more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment